Teachmeet: Take part!
Keep calm and embed: Ideas to embed numeracy, ICT and soft skills into your ESOL classes.
In 2017, NATECLA, in collaboration with Ascentis, is delighted to announce its fourth National Conference Teachmeet:
- When: Friday 7 July 2017, 16:30 to 17:30
- Where: NATECLA's 2017 National Conference, Humanities Building, University Park Campus, University of Nottingham, Beeston Lane, Nottingham NG7 2RJ.
Embedding numeracy, ICT and soft skills into your ESOL classes
If so, and you would like to share your most tried and tested activities with fellow ESOL and ELT practitioners, take part in this Year's Teachmeet: the perfect CPD opportunity for those who don't feel ready to deliver a workshop.
- Have you come up with some simple but effective classroom activities to embed additional skills into your lessons?
- Perhaps your ideas involve realia or authentic, everyday objects and materials?
What is a Teachmeet?
A Teachmeet is a series of snappy, 3 minute presentations, held in a relatively informal setting, where you can share your most effective teaching ideas with like-minded practitioners and get some great ideas from other delegates.
How do I get involved?
Taking part in the Ascentis Teachmeet is easy. Simply:
- Think of your best activity to embed numeracy, ICT or a soft skill into an ESOL lesson
- Email Jane Arstall (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating a title and brief overview of your presentation and the name of your organisation OR add these details to your National Conference booking form
- If you want to, put together a Powerpoint presentation (more images, less text) which illustrates your talk. Bring it to the venue on a USB (memory) stick. This is not compulsory though.
- Promote your involvement in the teachmeet via social media using #NATECLA
>> Don't forget to view a video from last year's Teachmeet on YouTube!